Wednesday, May 11, 2016

How to simplify a Recipe for everyday use

Did you ever look at a recipe and think, "wow, my family would love this, but it's so much work"? Well, I was looking at the recipe I will paste below and decided to try to simplify it for an every day meal. I served it to my family and they LOVED it. Here is what I did: First off, having the chicken cut into pieces does save time with cooking, so I cut the chicken up. Next, I noticed that there was a "sauce" with oil and cilantro that was mixed and drizzled over the chicken at the end. I just added some oil and garlic to my marinate and skipped that step. I didnt even add as much oil as they said. I added a tablespoon. I smashed a clove of garlic and added that to the marinate. I made the marinate/baste mixture just like the recipe said, then added the extra oil and smashed garlic clove. Since I dont want any impaled kids in my house, I left the skewers off and put the chicken into a pan and broiled it. So next came the complicated recipe for mashed sweet potatoes. Your family may like them, and you may want to spend the time cooking them, but my family would make vomit faces if I even tried, so I substituted rice that I made in my aroma rice cooker. This recipe is now a weeknight hit!. https://www.pinterest.com/pin/78601955973302046/

No comments:

Post a Comment