Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Two Faces Of Narcissism - You Will Pay

The narcissist has become very good at hiding their true selves and projecting a fake identity to the world.  Many of them practice this fake identity until they have it down. 


I did not realize it at the time, but my mother had perfected this tool.  She took "company voice" to a whole new level.  One day she somehow got roped into teaching my Sunday school class.  I am not sure how, because she hated being told she needed to participate in anything.  I was too young at the time to figure this out, so I am uncertain how she was convinced to do something she did not want to do. 

We sat in class while she told us a bible story.  She then said we were going to discuss today's topic of old people in nursing homes.  She said that these people can be very lonely and they would love someone to visit them.  She went around the room asking who we knew that could be visited.  I only knew one person in a nursing home and that was My great grandmother's husband, Roy.  My great grandmother had married Roy later in life and she had recently passed away, but he was still living in a nursing home.  When my mother asked me who I knew in a nursing home that I could visit, I stated that we could visit Roy, and my mother beamed a smile at me and said, "That is a very good idea, I am so glad you thought of him".  I was surprised my mother complimented me and it made me so excited.  I had been programmed to keep her happy, and I was sure she was happy with me for my comment. 

After church, we got into the car and I asked when we were going to go visit Roy.  At that moment, the evil true self of my mother showed up.  It was so fast that it startled me.  She whipped her head around and glared at me with hate in her eyes.  The evil in her eyes was deep as she glared at me, not saying a word.  I asked, "What?". I had no clue what had caused my mother's true self to show up. I thought she had been pleased with me.

My mother responded, "That man is nothing to us and don't you EVER talk about visiting him again".  She then went on a rant telling my dad how I had suggested to everyone in my class that we should go visit Roy, who was not even related to us.  She said she had never been so embarrassed in her life.   She felt I should be punished for interrupting her class. Of course my father agreed, he always agreed with anything the witch demanded.  I got punished for answering a question that I was directly asked. 

That is narcissism.  If you don't follow the rules you pay.  I am not sure what my mother wanted me to answer, but I did not give the answer she desired, so I had to pay. 


In what ways has the narcissist made you pay?

No comments:

Post a Comment