Monday, June 20, 2016

How to Cook Bacon in an oven



Sometimes, I look at my freshly cleaned stove top and I don't want to cook bacon on it.  Or sometimes I just have a lot of bacon to cook because there are so many of us.  I needed to be able to cook bacon in the oven.  I have cooked thick bacon here, but thin works just as well.  Just watch your thin bacon because it can go too crispy very quickly.


Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. First I get out a cookie sheet with edges (jelly roll pan) and put a metal cookie cooker rack in it.  If you do not have a rack, you can use crumpled up aluminum foil.




Next, lay your bacon onto the grill.  I laid mine long ways, but they were some big thick bacon.  You may need to lay yours the opposite way that I laid mine.






Place them into the preheated oven.  Big thick bacon like this takes about 25 minutes.  Thinner bacon takes closer to 15, but watch it carefully.





When it is finished you can pull it out and enjoy!  I added mine to a breakfast bagel.  #YUM



No comments:

Post a Comment