Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Konmari and My Clothes Horse



So I went through my closet KonMari style.  We couldn't sleep on the bed for three days.  I got rid of seven garbage bags of clothes.  I hung the rest neatly in my closet, but a few months later, I wasn't sure I had completely purged.  I was pretty sure there were still clothes hanging in there that I had not worn and probably never would wear.

I needed a way to figure out if there were unworn clothes hiding in the closet.  I turned all my hangers backwards.  All facing the same direction.  When I wear an item, I turn the hanger round.  Now I know what I have worn, and after some time, it was very easy to see what I had not worn.  I had another two bags of lurking clothes that I thought I was wearing, but I was not.

I thought I loved each and every item in my closet....but I wasnt wearing some of them!  Why keep it if I love it but never wear it?
Try it!  Turn your hangers!  Let me know in the comments if you found clothes you aren't wearing!




View my cleaning and organizing free task list here:   Free Task List for this week

No comments:

Post a Comment